We finished cutting the pieces for the 500 kits yesterday. Everything went quite smoothly. It took us less than three hours to finish cutting the 80 kits that were remaining. Not too bad, I think.
Afterwards, we did a complete and thorough cleaning of everything. We vacuumed from the floor to the ceiling and everything in between. The whole process took about an additional half hour, which wasn’t too bad considering.
We are now ready for our final stages of the projects. Nearly all the patterns are printed and all that is left is to drill the pieces and package them. Keith is going to do the drilling, and I will do the packaging. I really don’t mind that part because it is nice to run a movie or something in the background while working.
Here is a picture of what we cut yesterday:
That is about 960 pieces. Our total cutting that we did in the past week was over 6000. These were by far the simplest to cut, and the job went quickly.
The rest of the day was spent working on the computers. I am on my new computer now and everything so far went very smoothly. I still have lots of work to do to set preferences for all the programs I need and to rearrange and organize everything so that I know how to get to it all. It is great to start our with a clean slate though and while I haven’t had much time on it yet, it seems quite a bit faster.
With that said, I will keep things short today. I hope you all have a nice Sunday.
-- Contributing Editor, Creative Woodworks and Crafts Magazine, If you like reading my blog, come visit at Sheila Landry Designs http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com "Knowledge is Power"