Well, yesterday was pretty much a wash. I went to the pharmacy in the morning to get something to deal with the bites and the pharmacist said “Wow. Those look bad” (no kidding)
He gave me some cortisone cream and told me that pretty much my only option was Benedryl. He said that it should clear them up in a few days. I told him that it really made me sleepy, but he said there was really nothing else that would help. So I came home and put the creme on right away and held out until about 1:30 pm and couldn’t stand the itching any longer so I took one pill instead of the two that was the dose. (He said that I could try that during the day and then take the full dose at night). By about 2:30 I was really wiped out, although I could see some of the redness going away and they didn’t itch as much. I decided not to fight it and took a nice long nap.
I actually felt better when I got up, albeit groggy for a half hour or so and I spent the evening painting on my skating set. I finished the first figure(s) by about 10:30 and decided to try again with just one pill for the night and called it an evening. So the day was pretty much done.
I do however have a picture of the finished skating pond figure. It is probably one of the most involved and although it is not difficult, there is a lot going on with it. It is the one horse open sleigh. I scanned it in to show you.
One Horse Open Sleigh
|From SLDP103 Skating Pond Figures|
The stands that I am going to use for the pieces were kind of tricky to figure out. On the first set that I did, I used a product called “Paper Clay” which is an air-dry clay and molded little snow banks for the stands on all the figures. The results was good, and no additional tools were needed to make them so I went with leaving them like that so that people with only a scroll saw and no table saw or other tools can accomplish the set. I may try to come up with some additional ideas for my own set though, although I have limited options here also.
I have decided the best way to show the set is to present each figure as I finish painting it. As I said, there are over 25 of them and it should take a while for me to do the entire thing. I am in the process of painting two additional sets now so that means that I need to paint each design four times (two sides times two). I will load the pictures as I go into the Picasa album and if you click on the title instead of the picture, I think you can see the entire album. So you can watch it grow as I finish it. I will also load them up here as a unfinished project so I can learn how that works on this site, as I have never done that before. I hope you enjoy seeing the pieces as they are done.
This isn’t my usual painted style, as I am not a good cartoonist. But I think in making it, it was a good learning experience for me to do something different that I wasn’t so comfortable with. Also, having to offer up instructions on something like this is a challenge too because there are always little touches that you add in and don’t remember to write down. I hope you all like it.
So that is pretty much it for today. The welts on my legs look a bit improved and aren’t quite so itchy this morning, so I am going to see how long I can hold off without taking any Benedryl. Hopefully I can get more accomplished today than I did yesterday.
I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! :)
-- Contributing Editor, Creative Woodworks and Crafts Magazine, If you like reading my blog, come visit at Sheila Landry Designs http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com "Knowledge is Power"