|Workshop by screwge||posted 05-23-2009 05:28 PM||1686 reads||2 times favorited||12 comments|
click the marker to see the address
My workshop is my very large 3 car garage. The approximate size is 26×40 with 14ft ceilings.
1) I share it with 2 cars (when I can get them in)
2) The HVAC and gas fired water heater are located in the garage (wood dust is really hard on these)
I recently built a closet around the hvac equipment and it really has helped.
3) Dust collection is not setup (I have had a brand new 2hp dust collector under the house)
On the positive side
1) 14ft ceilings
2) I’ve wired for plenty of 220v and 110v power
3) I recently installed 20 4’ fluorescent ceiling lights (now I can see)
4) Vent-free NG blue flame heater (nice for those cold NW days)
5) 2 industrial 60” celiing fans (helps circulate the warm air from the heater)
6) Water pre-plumbed
7) Plenty of storage room
I have most of the cursory tools.
Several other routers
12” coumpound miter saw
Dust collector (still needs to be installed)
HVLP spray system (Fuji Q4 – this is a very good system will not dissapoint
5gal Portable Compressor
Portable 10” Contractor table saw
Cordless Drill Drivers
Lots of hand tools
.....and on, and on.
I epoxy coated the floor, but I wouldn’t do that again because when sawdust gets on it, its like working on a sheet of ice. I may try to re-coat it with a fresh layer of epoxy with a sand additive.
-- Imagine It... Build It... Enjoy It!