Just wanted to share the inspiration I got from my friend Barb… She’s offering up some handmade love, in return for paying it forward… and I’m happy to see others have taken the ball and run with it. This past Christmas was “A very homemade Christmas” and that spirit has taken hold (we’re really paring down the household, letting go of lots of things, meanwhile trying to help out local businesses, artists and not fill our friends and families homes with mass market clutter….
I’ve started my etsy store (as previously blogged)... and I’m also taking part in this fun: (plus I have the chance to make things specifically for someone, can be super creative (and weird) without having to worry about salebility!
I love living outside the (BIG) box.
the following is crossposted from my facebook page,
Finally taking the meme to a fun new place!
The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me. If I forgot to tag you and you see this in time please sign up! If it’s too late to sign up, start one of your own!
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
- What I create will be just for you.
- It’ll be done some time this year (2009).
- You have no clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something over the internet. It may be a mixed CD. It may be a poem. It may be a felt mouse or a triple-chocolate cake or a knit phone cozy Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure! (not me either)
- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
Here’s the fine print:
In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note of your own and make 5 things for 5 others.
Sorry, my five is already FULL, so don’t sign up here… I’m just planting a seed – Feel free to copy it and start up a handmade revolution of your own!
Oh, and yes, I’ll be sure to post any of the projects I get, or make in this contest… even if they have a vague connection to the world of woodworking