Unfortunately, the day job had me working all weekend, so I didn’t get much shop time. However, I was able to edge joint all the boards, cut the biscuit slots and glue it up. Today, my “apprentice” showed up and we were able to cut it to size, scrape the joint lines flush, and hand plane the ends flat. We then used a router and a simple jig to reference a fence off the ends to cut the tenons for the breadboards.
I had one small lapse in concentration and forgot to back up one edge when routing resulting in some significant tear out. I glued most of it back into position, but there will be a bit of a repair. I am getting pretty good at repairs, since I make a lot of mistakes.
I hope to finish planing the top this week (the ol’ #7 is tuned nicely!) and plan on finishing the top next weekend and start on the base.
-- GSY from N. Idaho