Spent much of today cutting up sheets of 1/2” plywood for the drawers on my Miter Bench. Late this afternoon, I setup the dado blade and got to work cutting all the dado’s along the bottom of each drawer part. I carefully marked each side and cut the dados for the backs.
I decided to try something new, and use a lock rabbit for the drawer front. I made the 1/4” dado cuts on all the sides, along the front edges. Then I prepared to make the mating cut on the fronts. I did this on both ends of 4 drawer fronts. Then I started the assembly process. It was at this point that the horror struck me. I had made the rabbits on the wrong side of all the drawer fronts.
Well, at least this was only the 4 large drawers. I have not yet cut the parts for the 3 trays or the 4 shallow drawers. I should be able to rip two of the the fronts to make the tray fronts for all 3 of the trays, so it will not be a total waste of wood.
Live and learn.
So here is a shot of my almost finished first drawer:
And here is the picture of my inner drawer front, with the rabbit on the wrong face:
Thanks for reading.
-- Scott in Texas