Strange insight and inspiration

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by sawblade1 posted 06-06-2010 05:24 AM 1005 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Good evening Lumberjocks,

This week nothing happened much around the shop spent mostly doing house work after the painters, so this week in my spare time I called several banks and tried to get around $ 8,500.00 well by Wednesday I had been told no more times than a disobedient puppy dog. Well ? Wednesday night the look on my face must not have been a good one as my partner asked what was wrong ? I told him I didn’t want to talk about it OK he said but I know it’s bothering you a lot. after about first break I was still in my funk and along came Chad. Chad is a co-worker that to put it lightly is not wrapped the tightest, give him ten minutes he will stay an hour. After him figuring out it had to do with my business I proceeded to spill my guts to him at lunch. After telling him my discouraging news he said don’t worry I have a plan.

Now when Chad comes up with a plan it’s really unconventional or unorthodox but most or 98% of the time it works and the other 2% gets us by. So his first words were screw the banks that is money you don’t have to pay back a.k.a $ 250.00 per month, second you may not have the money to get expand but we will get the money buddy. After attending business classes I was really curious of how his little plan will work.
We’ll earn the money he touted I scolded him and said I don’t even have a portfolio yet or references how the heck are you going to get me the work !!! Just watch me he said .

After going back to the factory ( I work upstairs cleaning offices) Chad reappeared ten minutes before break and asked if I could do arts and crafts ? I said yeah, he told me to meet him at break outside.
After meeting him outside one of the factory workers asked if I could build him a end table a.k.a Chad’s mouth getting the work done we agreed to it and Am waiting money down for materials. See Chad said it is not as bad as it seems is it You like Norm don’t you, well he didn’t get where he is by talking but by doing after tweaking his plan we called it Plan X and I am might as well try it as all else has not worked for me yet. As Chad was going out the door he said I’ll take you home tonight , on the way home he said your shop is small and what you need is small high dollar profit projects to get you going before you start thinking big and trying to go big.;)
So lessons learned as I leave you this week is sometimes getting told no the usual way means going a unusual route to get a yes and sometimes ya gotta have crazy friends and co-workers if you really want to make it.

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path

3 comments so far

View a1Jim's profile


117062 posts in 3541 days

#1 posted 06-06-2010 05:29 AM

Sounds like some good possibilities came along.

-- wood crafting & woodworking classes

View sras's profile


4790 posts in 3093 days

#2 posted 06-06-2010 06:09 AM

You might find it a better path to not have to start out with borrowed money. Build as you go! Good luck – hope more comes your way!

-- Steve - Impatience is Expensive

View dustbunny's profile


1149 posts in 3259 days

#3 posted 06-06-2010 01:10 PM

He is a smart man.
That is how I got all my BIG shop tools.
A couple cutting boards here and there,
and before you know it, you’ve got some serious cash.
They are mostly quick and easy to make, and catch a fair price.
Good luck with project X, keep your sights on the horizon, it will all come together,


-- Imagination rules the world. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte ~

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics