I have been working on this project time permitting. Had end of school year stuff with the kids, a surprise visit from some relatives, and of course been busy traveling for work, so it has been interment to say the best :( So, I got this puppy glued up a couple of weekends ago. After fighting with a shelf that I messed up on and had to remake a new one. Talk about frustation, nothing went right with it and it took me a couple of weeks just to build one new shelf.
Now this project has had many firsts for me, including using solid Cherry for almost the entire project, the sliding dovetails, massive pannel glue ups, making quarter circles, bent wood lamination for the toe kick, I even successfully steamed out a couple of dents from the clamp up of the lamination…
And here are the blocks for the Toe Kick to attach to. I did have a bit of spring back so I am going to have to clamp and glue to blocks to get it right.
So I have been sanding like a maniac since the glue up dried two weekends ago. The corners of this thing are t-total pains in the arse!
So here she is, she has been worked up to 180 Grit since this was taken. The wet streaks are Mineral Spirts rubbed on to locate any reaining scratches…
And here is my new pride and joy, she worked her butt off on her first day in my shop….
And of course this is my first day to use her…just one of many firsts on this project!
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"