Well, finally got some shop time in. I cut the sockets with my father’s help a couple of weeks ago, and that went well other than one mishap due to a knot. I got out this afternoon and cleaned up the shop and then got to work on the setup for cutting the pins. That took a while but after dozen or so ;) test runs I had my wife come out and take a look to see if I was being a bit too AR. Of course I was and she said that everything looked fine. So, isn’t this the way it always goes, 10 minutes later all of the pins were cut.
As you can see everything is still over size but it went together just as I planned (well mostly, the humidity has caused one of the boards to develop a slight cup).
The shelf is quite large, I am right at 5’10”
Tomorrow I will cut the sides to size, put a rabbet onto one side, finish rounding the shelves, start the sanding process and then it’s onto finishing. Still working on a solution for the sap wood. Recommendations are welcome.
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"