Well, I have been slowly working on the this project over the last couple of weekends, but had to side track when my Air Compressor blew a gasket in the pump mechanism and I had to replace it (Turns out Good). With me having to work in the very hot loft to get this fixed I decided to go for broke and get all of my Compressor related sub projects taken care of. I had a slow leak on the unloader line, so I fixed that when I added the Automatic Drain Valve from Harbor Freight, thanks Patrick.
I too had the problem with the cheap hose they provide. Not wanting to convert to copper I did some driving around looking for some .250” diameter heavy duty plastic tubing. After visiting a half plumbing/tools/construction tools/the trades type stores, I found a shop that sold me some heavy duty hydraulic tubing. It has worked very well (the black tube in the pic above). While I was at it, I went ahead and finished running the PVC conduit down to what I had previously done and hooked it all in.
I still have a couple of leaks but will track those down later.
I also took the chance while working under the bench to hook up the rear dust collection port for the miter saw box, which is not working as well as as hoped, but I can re-design that later.
I am very happy, as I can use my Brad nailer again, so I can get back on to the next phase of the main project, the drawers that go under the bench. So, I proceeded to mill up the drawer fronts/backs/sides and have a kick back accident (The Ugly). I have taken a 6 week siesta from woodworking and I am still working on getting my mind back where it should be, and trust me this will help speed that process up. I was feeding like the tenth drawer side through the TS and absent mindedly took both hands off of the wood (I know ..Whats the last thing a bug thinks of when it hits a windshield?) it proceeded to bind up then fly backwards straight into my hip as I was twisting out of the way (now this happened in all of two/three seconds), it hit me so hard that it bounced and flipped over and landed on the saw blade again which then graciously sent it flying back at me once again. It hurt and still hurts like all get out.
This weekend I took advantage of the Rockler special and bought myself a Grr-Ripper, which I have gotten to use several times, a review will be forth coming.
Now for (The Bad), I have gotten all of the Fronts/Sides/Backs milled up for the drawers. I am using Norm’s plans for the Miter Bench (which the stop block has rocked in the milling process) which call for Front Half-Blind Dovetails for the Drawer Fronts and a Dado in the sides for the backs. However, I am using a drawer lock bit for my drawers, which has worked very well, and I properly compensated for any differences in the Drawer Fronts/Backs/Sides.
But my luck ran out with the bottoms, I missed a half inch difference in drawer depth (the sides). I have gone back and milled new bottoms, but now I have 10 pieces of 1/2” ply that currently doesn’t have purpose. Here is the first one drying in the shop tonight.
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"