After taking a month long siesta from the shop I was happy to get back out and make some sawdust, first I had to clean it up then I finally got to it. I was able to mostly finish the top up this weekend. I still need to put a bead of caulk between the bench top and the wall to help keep dust from falling behind the bench and such.
I built the box to capture the dust blown out the back of the Miter Saw. It still needs some tuning to fit the way I want it to work and get it caulked in.
I moved the “under the miter saw dust collection” down between the the top and sub top and then mortised it into the sub top. I also cut the dust collection for the box behind the miter saw. Still need to size the 4” flex hose and get 1 more 4” clamp.
I built the the stop for the left hand side of the miter saw. It needs a different carriage bolt that is fully threaded :(
And got the tape mounted on the stop guide
I am very happy with the progress. I have several little details to clean up but the miter saw is it is usable again.
After the little details are cleaned up it is on to making the drawers and trays under the bench top. I am thinking that is still 40 man hours out to complete though.
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"