I have learned that projects in progress go in the blog and the completed project goes in project. The first part of this series I started as a project and I am now moving it here untill the project is compelete.
Here are the metal pieces after cleanup. I used Evapo Rust to clean these pieces, though I had started on the body with wire wheel and wire brushes. The rest ended up even worse, I had put them into a plastic bin and add some solvents to keep them from rusting any more utill I could get back to them. The problem was the solvents were giving me a headache and after a week or so I moved the bin outside and put a cover over it and promptly forgot about out it. Came back last week and all of the parts but the plane body were imersed in a nasty water/rust/solvent mix, the pieces were imersered for two days in the evapo rust and this is how they look.
for reference see the 2nd pic in this project then look at this one
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"