Well after one long month of frustration with a height issue. I finally got this project to the finishing stage today. The bentwood lamination I bragged about the last time was a bit short in height once I finished cleaning up the glue up. After multiple goes at getting all three edges even and losing 1 1/2” in height. I had my dad come over and give me a hand this week and we finally got her done. Hot glue, a straight edged board, a 1/2” upcut spiral bit, and a bushing on the old D-Handled router got the straight edged sides and the the jig saw on toe kick. Whew! I got a dozen more gray hairs from that experience.
So some more sanding and it was time to shoot the 1lbs cut of shellac. Sorry no pics and onto the first coat of Waterlox.
Tomorrow I will sand it one more time with some double aught synthetic steel wool and apply one more coat and she will be done! Woohoo! I will post the project when it is done.
-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"