I bought this jointer on Craigslist for $160 delivered! It was in need of some TLC, but wanted to check it out to see if it was fundamentally okay. When I went to see it, I took a close look at the flatness of the table and it still looked great despite the surface rust.
I spent some time with some BP blaster and some scotchbrite pads, and turned up with this.
I took the spindle apart and found the bearings nearly siezed on both sides.
I found the part numbers and ordered replacement bearings and knives.
I still plan on taking the table tops on each side off, and cleaning the dovetail joints and crank mechanisms. I will remove the paint and put some color scheme on there. I haven’t decided if it is going to be the original scheme or something new yet.
More to come!