Got the base about finished. I’ll be doing a few more projects before I can get to planning the outfeed and getting that built but here it is so far.
I got it stained in two colors, black and red to kind of match the colors on the Craftsman it houses. Then to seal the MDF I put on a coat of water based poly with a brush. It worked nicely but raised the surface a bit to give it a raspy feel. I was going to sand this down and recoat it but I may leave it this way, it feels nice to the touch and gives some grip.
I did have a couple of touches I added to a standard workcenter.
This shows the iVac I added to the back. I can plug in my shopvac and TS so when the TS starts up the vac starts dust collecting. I choose the iVac since it has two plugs for power in to let me put the vac and the TS on separate circuits. Next I’ll put a power strip under the front of the table so I can plug in the TS and the router and have either startup the vac. It will also allow me to shut off power to both tools without needing to unplug everything for safety when changing bits and blades. I’ll clean up the cords once that is done. The thing is huge in my garage but it rolls about very nicely on the wheels and it’s very easy to lock them since they are on those long bedframe legs – which is what started this project in the first place so – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
I could put it on Projects I guess since it is mostly finished, I think I’ll do that in fact. Anything after this would be an addon to the mobile base anyway.
So here are the full monty pics:
-- You cannot build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford