We’re committed to making LumberJocks.com a hassle-free experience. There are very few “rules,” but please read them carefully so you can take full advantage of site features.
- You must be a member to post your own projects and comments and participate in LumberJocks events.
- Membership is free and open to everyone of all ages and woodworking abilities.
Posting on the LJ Site
- You may post:
- unlimited projects
- unlimited blogs (and blog series)
- unlimited questions and discussions in the forums
- unlimited comments to all projects/blogs/discussions
- You are responsible for copyright issues. Do not upload photos that are not yours.
- When posting a project you must attach at least one (and up to three) of your own pictures in the project’s photo gallery.
- When posting a project you must provide a description/story as these are the heart of LumberJocks.com. Feel free to write about your inspiration, challenges, timeline, tools, tips, tricks and other topics—virtually anything that gives other Members a feeling for what you’ve created.
- You may organize your projects and blogs using the “Tag” tool as well as the Blog Series option. Check out the “Tags” to find descriptions already used or add your own. (Sample “Tag” items: type of project, wood used, finishing method, tool used)
- You may post unlimited comments to projects, blogs, and forum discussions.
- You may embed your own photos in your blogs and comments. Embedded photos must be your own and must be stored elsewhere online. (Remember that copyright issues are your responsibility.)
- Have Fun!
DISCLAIMER: Please note that all views and comments posted by members are not necessarily those of LumberJocks.com or of those working on the site. (Note: Any inappropriate postings will be responded to with a warning and possibly cancellation of membership if warranted.)
LumberJocks Challenges and Awards Events
- Throughout the year there are several Challenges and Awards events for you to enter.
- To participate in a Challenge or Awards event you must be a member of LumberJocks.com.
- Each Challenge and Awards will have its own rules and will be posted on the site.
- Winners of prizes will be required to provide a mailing address in a private email.