This is the first two boards glued together the night before this picture. I have taken the bolts out and everything looks solid. Time will tell. This first one was probably the worst for glue coverage as I was in a hurry – it has been too long since I glued boards together. I keep thinking that if I didn’t hurry, the glue would set up and I’d have to do everything over again. But I think it will still be OK. I used plenty of glue on both sides and the only part I’m really only slightly concerned about is the end corners – I don’t remember if I spread the glue all the way out.
This Yellow Pine is beautiful!
Here is my glue up area. I had some old closet doors to use as a flat work area – they are hollow and light, but fairly flat and easy to clean up the glue because they are painted. I got wise and started using a cheap plastic putty knife to spread the glue out more evenly.
Glue is running out, so that’s a good sign!
Now all five pairs have been glued up.
So the first pair from the day before and the second pair from early morning get glued together at the very last of the day before going into the house.
And here is a quad glued up- the camera amplifies the difference in height of the laminations – this end curled a bit on one side before the glue-up.
-- Rodney, Arkansas