Corner Inlay Table #2: Dry fit

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Rick posted 11-26-2010 06:05 PM 892 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 1: Months after table-top glue up Part 2 of Corner Inlay Table series Part 3: Glue up, and still trying to get done! »

The first dry fit showed some work needed on the tenons. I first cut them a shade long, even though I thought I’d left some room for glue. SO – that means I didn’t get the mortises as deep as I’d planned. But it was just the smallest of adjustments there.

I also found that the top of the legs and apron weren’t flush, so again a couple adjustments.

But with that work done, and another dry fit to see how it’s starting to come together, it might end up a table after all!

Finally, here is the stain and maple to be used for the inlay.

I’m sanding now, will begin glue up in the coming hours. I hope!

-- There are many tempting parking places on the road to success

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics