This Bar stool is proving to be a little bit more than a job spanning a “cuppla days”.
In fact the work required is quite a learning aspect for me.
Just when you think all the work is done more comes to light.
Like the top leg Mods, I was looking at the original post and noticed the top of the legs had radiuses on all four sides but not the bottom, something I completely misses at the design stage.
The Leg Modifications:-
To achieve the required finished curve I needed to add aditional timber to the sides of the legs for shaping later.
This is possibly not the best move as its structural support qualities have got to be almost zero, they are purely cosmetic in my efforts to replicate as closely as possible.
Now trying to hold 45 deg blocks on with clamps failed so this time I used white electrical tape.
Once the glue had dried, it was out with the turbo planer and micro planer.
It took considerable care as I was planing almost cross grain and chip out was occuring very easly.
I eventually got there and progressed to fitting the seat, (which was were I though I was two days ago).
The Seat fittment
The tops of the legs and underside of the seat were drilled out and dowels fitted then the seat was glued on.
The milk crate above the seat is ballast, a bag of sand for a weight.
All now are drying yet again, so stand by for possibly another blog in the series,... then hopefully finished and posted as a project.
-- Regards Robert