Progress I made up to today
I fitted all the perimeter braces to the stool, the three diagonal ones went on the two sides and back and the Foot rest went on the front.
The three diagonal ones I bandsawed to shape first, as per the footrest shown previously.
I could only do rough bandsawing but at least it removed most of the bulk material from the curves prior to glue up. done Mon night.
The glue up:-
This proved to be quite tricky as clamping was almost impossible, every time I applied a clamp it either fell off or pushed the braces off station, so I bound all the joints with cling wrap, a bit “outa there” woodworking wise but that was the solution I thought of.
After the glue had dried it was out with the microplane rotary power driven file. ( a day later Tue)
I profiled everything down and shaped them into the main structure. This took quite a considerable amount of time, created heaps of wood “snow” and eventually I got to a reasonable rough profile ready to continue to smooth later to remove the divets I caused by me falling asleep on the job.
The stool looking at the front.
The seat is only just sitting in place for orientation, I left the bottom temporary plate in place to prevent damage to the feet edges as I rotated the stool around microplaning each side.
Then views from each aspect
The left side:
The Back side or rear view
The Right Side
A view from the top, with the seat now removed.
all that remains now is to sand the dings out and smooth the overall profile and fit the seat
So possibly this is the last blog before Project Posting (if all goes well) fingers crossed!!
-- Regards Robert