Well the table progress is advancing well, I am now up to surfacing the top and edges
Due to very overcast weather I had to set up in the garage as I was keen again to get on with it without having to wait for the weather to clear
So my trusty plane was awoken from its slumber and away we went together around around and around.
After about an hour or so of work I had the edges level with the table top and was reasonably happy with the finish.
The weather cleared amd I moved everything back out into the fresh air, Now it was only a matter of sanding everthing to an acceptable finish.
Before sanding I hand scraped all the glue joins and removed any glue residue along with any high spots in the timber
I then started off with 80 grit on my half sheet sander and way I went again, in the process I exhausted all my 80 Grit supplies doing the first sanding, this was about 10 to 15 or so half sheets consumed in the process, It seemed as though the sandpaper was not lasting as long as it normally does.
Anyway then it was out with the 120 grit and repeat the process all over again.
The following shots show the results. ( The iight was not really kind to me but I think the basic result is there)
There is nothing really exciting about sanding apart from the finish you achieve as a result of your work.
It looked OK to me.
Well thats it for a while now as all that remains is the under bracing of which will not happen until my son visits at the end of the month.
I had a couple of ideas but the final layout will be dependent on his design concept for the frame.
Thank for watching and all the great commenting !!
-- Regards Robert