Once the five sections were ready to glue together as one table top I checked the edges and any that were not going to close on glue up were recut with my table saw to make them parallel.
Then I set off looking for panel clamps to hold the sections together for the glue up.
I had in mind using Plano brand panel clamps but at (shock horror) $460 per clamp and then they were only 1200 in length I decided that not only would they not be able to do the job in regard to size or price for that matter I soon gave that idea away.
So next trip was to my local electrical distribuitor and I buy 2 x lenghts of unistrut at 6m lengths, no sooner then I had hauled them home I realised I did not have any way of cutting them into 2M lengths.
So I called on my friend Michael who is a metal Fabricator knowing he had a friction saw, he had no problem in lend me the saw but as I loaded it he wanted to know what I was doing with it.
As the conversation progressed he told me he had two clamps over 1600mm long so I borrowed them also.
I got everyting home cut up the unistrut and bought a heap of bolts, wing nuts and washers so I could use them as a set of three poor mans Panel clamps.
I layed everything out on the floor again an and marked each section up to cut more biscuit recesses.
Then using the Biscuit jig I cut them in preparation for more biscuits.
Here is a series of pictures I took in the glue up process, some are a bit blurred, (sorry about that)
Even with the three Unistrut sections I needed to daisy chain my existing sash clamps again
You can see Michaels life saving Orange sash clamps at work.
I had a bit of a problem with one edge side that didnt want to cooperate so I applied blocks and F clamps to hold the boards straight.
Well after wasting almost half a day trying to buy panel clamps bolts etc this was all I achieved today.
I hope all goes well overnight.
Additional Notes (as a result of feedback)
The table top is in five sections (each section being two boards wide) the were biscuited and then glued,
the glue sections are delineated by the additional clamps I have on the edges every where there is a block and clamp there is a new glue joint underneath.
-- Regards Robert