I had a good day with the table top all progressed well
I removed the clamps with mixed feelings however all was well.
That was refreshing so I decided to sand the paper off and have a good look at it
There were a few gaps and holes that I will need to fill other wise I was very happy with the result
The next step was to add the secondary edging, for this I had a piece of oak which was cupped beyond use in its present form so i decided to cut it up.
It also had has a bit of twist around a knot as well but after measuring it up I was able to cut the effected section out and work around it with the remainder.
Here is the raw material I used.
And a shot of the cupping
So it was on to ripping and docking it for the sides and ends.
Then preparing the top for the attachment. Lots of gule and clamps needed.
Believe it or not I again ran out of clamps, so I only got three sections of the edging done.
Overall a good days work which will continue tomorrow to finish the last end edge.
-- Regards Robert