I aligned the four modules on one of the long sides and and used wooden wedges fixed to the worktop to clamp everything together using Titebond III glue.
How I did it,
I laid paper where the modules join to prevent anything sticking to the mealmine and glued everything on the Tongue and Grooves and fitted them together face down on the workbench.
I didnt take any photos as I was a bit nervous about getting everything square and forgot anout them.
I left the top overnight to allow the glue to dry in the morning I unclamped everything and checked the progress.
everything looks OK so I set about sawing the opposite long side straight.
Once this was done it was time to attach the frame long sides to do this I simply cut about five biscuit slots in the planks and corresponding edge strip.
That would be fairly straight forward and then fit my sash clamps, but when I assembled everything I found my sash clamps were too short.
Now this caused me a bit of a concern but due to the fact I had not applied any gluejust yet is was just a delay in the proceedings untill I bought some bigger clamps. The ones I needed were about $50 each and I wanted five of them.
Rats what to do, then I had a brainwave and rang my wood work Buddy Wally who is 95 YO and lives a few blocks away.
He dosent do any wood work these days but has a house full of machinery and tools of every description.
As luck would have it he was at home and although it took a bit of explaining as to what they were he said he had some.
By the time I arrived he had two out already, I checked them for length and they were just what I needed and asked if he had another three.
We rummaged around under his house and found another three, he wanted $25 each for them and wouldnt budge on the price so I paid $125 and said thank you bundled them up and set off back home.
Here they are.
I fitted the biscuits and glued everything up and attached Wallys clamps. Good Job!
There was a section that didnt want to cooperate so I had to apply a G Clamp to the area to ensure it stayed level at the top.
Hence the little hammer in the picture!
Everything went well and the alignment felt OK so I left it to set.
So with all my time and power usage and now $125 for clamps the top is getting into the expensive catagory
I now understand the comment we all need more clamps !
-- Regards Robert