I was already to glue up my Modules and realised that not only had I never made anything this big before my existing workbench was way too small for what I wanted to do.
So I had to stop work on the project and make a temporary workbench to support the task.
As the existing pipe frame table was going to be used for the finished product I decided to use it as a temporary work bench.
I removed the rubbish top and went looking for more material.
I found some old kitchen cupboards nearby and brought them home, they were 19mm melamine coated particle board sections, which with some work would do the job..
I sawed them up and made a work surface with them.
The next concern I had was they needed to be dead flat but not necessarly level (meaning no bows in the middle) so using my straight edge I packed them up so the were at least flat.
The opposite side was a bit more technical and I had to add some cardboard shims to achieve the straightness.
I then bogged up all the holes with plastic wood and painted the exposed edges with some black paint in case it got wet.
It will stay outside and I didnt want it to start its typical particleboard expansion trick when wet, before I had finished with it.
Next was to add a fixed section at the end with a tongue profile so I could wedge the modules together from the other end
Just a minor distraction then on with the real job.
-- Regards Robert