I had to get moving on this project due to my original box just about expiring.
The OSB is part of the Smiths packing crate I hauled home, I have never worked with this material before so it was all a learning exercise for me as well!
The markings on the OSB indicate Norbord Sterling OSB2 so it should be OK.
The replacement box is slightly bigger due to maximising the OSB sheet dimensions I had.
First up I cut all the sections needed
I may not use the narrow strips but I am not sure yet. These was cut as a direct copy from the original.
I rebated all the pieces and used my corner clamps and an “Occy” strap to hold the frame together and left it overnight for the glue to dry.
I then fitted the base and left it overnight to dry, I did have to resaw it due to forgetting the rebate made the overall size smaller.
I then fitted the inside with quad, and as I had some moulding I had made some time ago which was “just lying about” I decided to use it as well.
The moulding was a series of short lengths so I had to join them in a couple of places.
The narrow strips in the cut list I replaced with thicker material under the box as standoffs. The remainder were for the ends and side trim.
This is as far as I have progressed today.
A closing shot of the frame sitting on the existing box.
-- Regards Robert