I thought the overall look was too chunky so I decided to improve on it.
First up I rounded over the legs using a 2” roundover bit, it was smaller then the overall diameter so they ended up with rounded over as opposed to completely round
This was the initial result on the test leg.
Then the eight legs.
As the results looked OK I then rounded over the side and end pieces.
Still room for improvement so I used a cove bit on the legs and bull nosed the side and end pieces that fitted into the mortices.
I was reasonably happy with the leg coving but it was a bit wavy doing it by hand.
Added a 25mm dowel at the base for stability and then satisfied with the results glued them all up.
-- Regards Robert