The door panels were cut from the unusual featured timber supplied
After selecting a section that I could get grain flow continuity across the panels I set to work profiling them.
The rebate at the back was no real concern however the length of the front profile was
I dont have a lot of small panel bits, in fact I have only one full size one which is scale wise way too big for a panel with the overall size about 320mm x 560mm.
Its designed for front doors or kitchen cupboard doors at least twice the size I am worling with.
So to over come this problem I recessed the router bit on an sacrificial table and set the bearing back 10mm.
The reason for doing this was to reduce both the depth and length of the profile.
Once I was ready to try it out a cut on the test pieces I had.
This is the result, it looked OK fit up wise and cosmetically so off I set to work.
Starting with the end grain then with the grain they machined up without a fault
Dry assembly then conducted and fine detailing of the parts, removal of whiskers and other stragglers along with a initial sanding.
I marked a series of index lines to assist in the final assembly and dismantled everything for glue prep
If you did not know how small it was it could pass for a full size standard Panel Door
A slight imperfection requiring attention. Looks like snipe!!, anyway a visit to the drumsander tomorrow should remove it.
A diagonal check for parallism and the matching index lines then and it was set aside to dry.
Once dry a preliminary sanding was conducted then it was pack up for the day.
-- Regards Robert