The design of the front door is when its closed its vertical and upon unlocking and opening it it dissapears horizontally under the bottom drawer.
This is what the original rough out looked like.
It was a bit bland and heavy so I decided to cut it into rails and stile to make a four panel door.
I didnt want a fancy profile and found I had a suitable shaper bit that would do the job
Here is my test prototype.
With a satisfactory fit production went ahead.
First up I did all the internal profiles then the end mating parts.
The long parts were no problem but the shorter internal ones needed securing to a block for accurate profiling.
Here is the dry assembled frame.
Its a bit difficult to see the profile so here is a few other shots.
Here it is dry assembled in its raw form.
All went well and finished the frame without a hitch.
Upon close inspection I found there was a few “whiskers in the joint.
These were easly removed with a careful application of a box cutter knife.
The panels are next and I intend to mill down the featured board to do them so they match the drawer fronts.
I am now off looking for latches, plunger spring locks for the sides and suitable drawer pulls for the drawers.
-- Regards Robert