Well here I am back again with the afternoons progress.
I finished all the drawer bases using available MDF and Plywood 2x were MDF offcuts and 7 x were Plywood offcuts.
I then dry fitted everything together to ensure it was ready to glue.
I set to work glueing everything up using a paint brush to apply the Titebond III.
Once they were glued on went the band clamps and a check for squareness done.
As I didnt have enough band clamps the drawers were done in three secessions which took a lot longer than normal.
Once the glue was dry I then did an initial sand to remove all the rough edges.
Next came the Timber Mate application on all the nicks and exposed rebate holes.
Once that was done and allwas dry everyting went through the drum sander at 80 G to level to top face and the bottoms.
Setting up the shaper I then edge rounded the four inside edges and three outside edges those being B, C and D.
The A face will be used to attach drawer fronts so very little finishing was done there, including not filling of the visible rebate area.
Then 120 grit finish to remove router lines and general tidy up of corners.
The drawers are now finished construction wise for the time being.
The end results are begining to look quite nice.
The Rough finished A Side
The Profiled and Sanded B Side.
The Profiled and Sanded C and D Side.
All the drawers together, looking nice but they are actually the backs of the drawers.
All that is left to do is to now is to add the fronts, which will occur after the Chest frame is completed.
I am pleased with how the smaller drawers in particular turned out today, my initial concerns regarding them being too small to dove tail may have been misfounded, regardless of having to effect some repair procedures mid construction.
Timber Used :-
Pine and Maple for the frames
5mm Plywood and 5mm MDF for the bases
I certainly learned a lot in regard to working with dovetails and what actions are required to correct errors.
-- Regards Robert