The day started well.
I read all the blog comments and replied accordingly. Thats about all that needs to be said about posting screwups.
Stools seat work:
After fixing the front profile and annotaing the template accordingly I set up for the seat area shaping.
I fixed the base onto a saw horse and marked out the areas I was going to work on, the chalk lines were as accurate as I needed
The tool I used was an angle grinder fitted with an Arbortech Turboplane.
The first rough out completed.
I then used a 115mm random orbital sander to tidy it up
That was about as neat as I needed and took about 15 minutes.
Individual part finishing:
Then it was onto rough sanding profiling the legs seat and back rest.
I have individual process pictures but dont want to bore you with them all.
To do the rough sanding I used a disk sander and Osc Sander
Then I used the same round over bit for the rough rounding of all components
Assembly and glue up:
Here is the stool rough rounded and ready to assemble
With that done it was time to glue everything together
Interestingly enough I only had to use three clamps on the legs
Two diagonally on the back legs and one at 90 deg on the front legs.
Hopefully this time it will pull all the joints tight.
Another general arrangment shot
The back rest:
How I did this was using a cove bit cut two profiles into the back of the seat
I then rounded over the tops of the rear legs with a file to get the best profile fit possible
Its a bit raggedy but it worked for me.
Then left it all to dry.
-- Regards Robert