The NGR Boxes got some attention today, the progress of them is a bit slower than I anticipated but it is progressing just the same.
I made the bases from some blockboard I had which was a good size for the job.
I was originally going to re saw some more New Guniea Rosewood but my band saw did not have the capacity to do it.
The bases I cut to size on the table saw and then used a shaper set up with a with a couple of router bits, a slot cutter and a rebate bit.
Once I had these done I cut a slot for the base in the box frame again using the shaper.
There was a bit of fine tuning to get a good fit, and then all was ready for the glue up.
I used Titebond II in the dovetails then a check for squareness and on with some clamps and left them up to set.
Once the glue was dry I used a disk sander to rough level the joint overlap.
Here is a walk around the boxes
I then did a comparative dimension check as they designed to be a matched pair
and the other end
All looked reasonably OK, there is some minor chip out on the tails but otherwise all is good to proceed to the next step.
-- Regards Robert