The usual jointing and preparation of the NGR stock took place.
These are the blanks I used edge glued to achieve the depth I wanted
They are jointed on the reverse edges, meaning facing down out of view
I made a total of six sections 4 x for the sides and 2 x for the ends
Then it was into the thicknesser to reduce them all to the same thickness.
Then on to the table saw to square one end.
Once that was done it was then out with the steel rule to measure precisely the inside lip of the lid.
There was a 2mm difference in the internal dimensions of the lid width wise 240 and 242mm
This needed to be taken into consideration in the cutting to length of the blanks.
Once the were cut it was out with the Gifkins dovetail Jig, set up a test dovetail cut adjust to fit and then on with the NGR material.
Here is a shot of the dovetail bit at work, the grey object is a dust extractor hose with a magnetic attachment.
Here is the progress to date showing the raw fitup.
-- Regards Robert