First off I forgot to post pickies of the template I made everything with, so here we go,
Dont look too closely at the router template as I broke one end pulling a dowel out
Now for the progress, I was busy sanding away when disaster struck I sanded through the body!
Not a good result but one little piggy had to go for surgery.
I enlarged the hole and wedged a semi circular block in the hole and glued it up
Then left it to dry overnight.
Now not forgetting some LJ had noticed there was no way to get the loot out.
Again I forgot to post a couple of processes,
Firstly the coin entry slot, this was done with my biscuit jointer.
Why did I use it? well a couple of reasons, the penertation was large enough to get a 50C coin in and there was a nice slope for little fingers, and for me as it was a biscuit cut I could wedge a #20 biscuit in the slot when it came to finishing.
Now how does the loot come out, well underneath I cut with a 38mm hole saw a hole, this hole I then enlarged enough to be able to screw a 40mm electrical screw cap from my stock into it.
Possibly many other methods to do it but it came to mind first and was available. Dad can get to open it with a “big” screwdriver later
So now its progressing to Ears Nose and Eyes, then final finishing, of course after a visit to the plastic surgeon to repair the graft!!
-- Regards Robert