I sanded the frame and commenced fitting a base and then lining it.
I cut a piece of 6mm MDF for the base and covered it with textile,
Added a retaining strip on the bottom to hold it in place then made four sides from 4mm MDF to complete the lining job.
The lining including the base can be removed and replaced without the use of tools if required to be changed.
You may notice a small gap on the ends, I didn’t pay too much attention to it initially, silly move! as it made making the retaining trim complicated underneath. (The mismatch should have been rectified at the pre assembly stage)
I thought of ripping the ends down to all a seamless fit, but as it was underneath I just opted to just have an off set at each end of the trim.
With that done I then commenced the preparation of the Flip Top Lid.
Some annoying showers called a halt to the work so I will have to continue another day !!
-- Regards Robert