Got real keen this morning and took the cedar out of the clamp and was going to set to work thicknessing.
Set up the thicknesser and was about to get going.
Oh no its too big, and I was not cutting 30mm or so off the side, so I decided to use my drum sander.
Set up with 36 Grit and made a few passes, (read as about 20x)
It was taking forever,
So I set up a chalk line to determine how much needed to come off and set to work with the arbortec planner again.
Now alternating between the 36 Grit and planner I got down to an acceptable level.
The A side at 36g
The B side at 36G
Then down to 60g and finished up at 80G
Then onto the belt linisher to finish the edge off,
I ran the rule across it just to convince myself it was still to big for the thicknesser, sure enough it was pew what a relief.
I had to stop and clean up,.... cedar dust and Arbortec chips everywhere !!
Lotta fun and as the glued in section seemed to hold OK I will set to filling all the cracks next.
-- Regards Robert