I was given this chunk of wood by degoose, I was not sure what it was so I decided to have some fun with it today.
Its a roughie chuck out so there was nothing to lose playing about and having some fun with it.
First up I arborteched the surface to determine what species it was. ...its a cedar genus, so its worth continuing,
I wanted to get it reasonably parallel to see if it could be used for something.
I set it up in my vice and set to work with my sabre saw cutting it to a consistent thickness.
I forgot to take a before shot hence why the clamp is there, but you will get the general dimensions at the start.
This is the biggest side
The side view showing the wedge cut
This is the smallest side
I then arborteced the biggest piece.
Then it was the inspection of the obvious crack, it looked like it could be repaired so I mixed up some glue and sawdust opened the split with a screwdriver and filled the opening in with the mix
Put a clamp on and it pulled up OK so I left it to dry overnight
To be continued
The tools used.
1 x Angle grinder fitted with an arbortec planner
1 x sabre saw fitted with a long wood cutting blade
1 x Titebond III
1 x clamp
1 x Portable vice
1x Plastic Crate
Cannot do much with the off cut wedge so it will eventually go in the bin, but not before I finish the project
I have been caught before hucking bits out prematurely !!!
So what am I going to do with it! .....possibly a cheese dip and biscuit serving platter, no really sure just yet.
Great tool the arbortec planner by my goodness it makes a mess!!
Stay tuned for the jointing and thicknessing phase,and then a decision for its use will be made.
-- Regards Robert