I finished the end blanks and as it started to rain, Hoo Rah !! I had to stop for a while.
The process, as you saw in the previous blog I jointed and glued some selected stock together to make up the height for the end of the trays carry handles.
In the process of doing this I neglected to cut at least one of the half’s parallel before gluing. (Silly move)
This resulted in me having to set up my saw slide jig and accurately setup the joint lines to cut the side of each of the ends both parallel to the joint and all the same width.
Added to this the joint was off set from the center as well.
With some additional setting up I had every end all the same width and the joint line matching.
The jig I used.
The view after sawing
The various results
Its now time for a handle and determining what slope angle to use.
I am going to wait for a reply from LJ Roger as he has first hand experience of Titanic artifacts!
Reason being I want to make them as close to a replica as possible.
-- Regards Robert