After preparing all the materials I then found that I had too many different widths and not enough of the one size, so I resawed the three 88mm width on their own to match the 9x I had at 83mm
Although I was as mean as possible with the thicknesser the final thickness ended up being 16mm so I am on the very minimum work thickness to be able to do panel work.
Joints were the next decision, after all there were only going to be work boxes so I didn’t want to spend too much time on fancy joints.
I decided to do a big finger joint for simplicity.
So I divided the sides into three and cut them out.
I could have prepared them in a variety of ways, but chose to use the table saw and plunge cut them.
Then I set about cutting all the frames
Now for the critical activity, I set up the shaper and ran some test cuts to see if I could successfully work with the Rail and stile cutters with 16mm material.
I prototyped evry step which gave me concern and this is the test jig I used through the activity.
The initial finger joint is here, along with the screw holes for fixing later, being the three red circles.
The Tee is the rail and stile profile.
Don’t be concerned about the four big holes just yet their purpose will be revealed later.
Wow that’s cutting it fine there is only just enough material either side.
As you can see the material is at bare min and will be very fragile before glue up, but should work.
As the test runs were OK and at the bare minimum of material on both the matching Rail and stile profiles.
I then set to and profiled all the frames.
-- Regards Robert