The trim work has commenced in ernest, after my rabbeting disaster I kinda lost interest for a while and went and did something different for a while, see the rambling’s on the bottom of #11
Anyway I an back into it today, out with the Oscillating Sander Bandsaw and the Disk sander as well
First up it was selecting the most suitable trim for the front top and bottom of the curved front, fitted them up and the sanded to suit the profile.
Once I had that done I the needed an accurate way to miter and trim the rough sawn curved sections, so I made up a jig to do all the bevels without having to adjust then re set everything again over and over.
Because the trim meets at three points double bevels were required.
With a final sand it was time to incrementally tape everything together to confirm it would all fit together correctly.
With that confirmed I left the tape in place and commenced individually gluing each part in by lifting the tape applying glue and then retaping and adding a clamp or two.
Well it all fitted together and I was going well when I discovered I had run out of usable clamps, so I only completed the base.
The top/lid will be a revisit of the above procedure but as I had no more clamps it will be done later.
I will not bother to blog it as its possibly just a repeat.
Here are all the progress photos of the base only.
The jig fabricated for the job.
The fit and tape up
The three intersecting points.
The annoying chip out bits.
The glue up in progress.
The final Clamp up!
Did I mention I ran out of suitable clamps!
-- Regards Robert