I had a couple of days consumed while the veneer was softened and flattened.
Then I was busy again applying the finishing veneer layer to the outside.
Lots of selecting of matching grain gluing clamping trimming and the repeating the process for each section.
Once all that was all done I then began producing the trim I cut the profile sections on the band saw and then dimensioned them in the drum sander.
I then set up the shaper to route the trim rabbet.
After a couple of test runs I was confident the setting was what I needed.
So I routed the jig to confirm all was OK
I added some sections of the trim and taped it on temporarily to re confirm all was OK
Then it was onto the actual box
The 90 deg surfaces were done with a fence and the curved profile the fence was removed and it was done free hand.
I had some tear out in two sections for some reason.
It was a bit disappointing to have that happen, see a very large section on the front top, but nothing I could do with it at the moment.
No doubt it had something to do with end grain but did not repeat as badly on the same section of the lid.
Nothing some wood filler cannot rectify later.
I did a temporary fit up of the curved trim to see just how much profile work I have to do tomorrow
I also noticed some other minor chipping again, which will have to be corrected later.
Overall a very nervous day was put in and mixed results obtained,
I was particularly concerned about routing the curved front but as it turned out the chip out and minor splinter was more of a concern.
Tomorrow its on with the trim and determine some fixes for the damage.
Its slowly getting there, I think the main fabrication work is complete and its now detail finishing time
-- Regards Robert