Some interesting progress was made today, the front caul and veneer trim Jig have been made.
The front caul tested and produced some good results.
The Veneer Caul.
I made it from the off cuts plus two more to get the depth required.
gave it a dry fit up and everything looked OK.
Here is a view of the reversed panel base I used.
I found a couple of veneer pieces for the base material which would fit nicely so on they went.
The top of the lid I did inside the garage
The lower front of the base in progress.
Then it was onto the front of the lid.
The finished result.
The gap at the bottom was intentional as the trim will go in here.
Hopefully the flattening will be finished tomorrow and its time to do it all over again using the finishing veneer.
The Veneer trim jig will get a test run next
A closing P.S. I messaged Roger Bean and he replied with a very in depth report on my progress.
One of the most important observations made was that I had used real wood which is a candidate for twisting warping and all sorts of future possible problems.
So a lesson learned, use ply MDF or any other composite material for this type of project.
-- Regards Robert