I found a mango stump lying on the road back in 2011.
I brought it home and made three tables from it.
Did heaps of processes getting the finished products but never thought to post them.
But here goes.
This is the stump:
Due to it possibly being riddled with FOs I cut it up with my chain saw
Once I had it cut up I needed a way to slab it.
So I used some pallet frames trued up a bit as guides
The frames are loose and wedged onto the timber with clamps, at this stage no surface was true or parallel, so I just wedged it as accurate as possible
I made a wide base for my router and used a surfacing Router bit to prepare one side of each piece.
As you can see it was all done on my concrete driveway, not the best of conditions but I didn’t want all the mess in my garage.
As you can see it was very messy.
Once I had both sides surfaced I commenced sanding them to an acceptable finish.
Here are the three usable tops.
I have stained them and applied a surface finish, I have forgotten just what it was.
The legs, well best forgotten however I used a forstner bit to counter bore the underside and then cut plugs for the top where I screwed them into the top.
I don’t even think the plugs were even visible in the finished products.
and that’s the legend of the stray mango stump !!
-- Regards Robert