I was looking at RogerBean’s fantastic boxes, and as a result of some ongoing messages decided to try one myself
The carcass its self is from recycled materials some pallet slats and the lid and base from an old cupboard I bought at a garage sale for $15.
It was block board and all I was going to do with it was break it down, I told the owner at the time and said if it doesn’t get sold I would buy it, well he almost insisted I buy it there and then so I did.
I studied Rogers project again and set to work.
Initially I was going to use MDF for the frame but it was so furry I decided against it.
I cut up a length of timber.
I then used my panel door templates to find a suitable profile that would fit into 90mm width
I had to made a jig which would allow me to mark up everything accurately and quickly
Once marked up it was off to the bandsaw for the initial cut out.
I then I glued each section together individually, I did this thinking I would not be able to finish them properly.
So I made two more templates to finish each section.
That ends the start.
-- Regards Robert