I set to work with some off cuts of Purple heart and Pine this time.
I made two individual sets, one set having Purple heart in the middle and the second the purple heart was on the outsides.
I glued them up aligned them and clamped them the put them both away to dry.
Once they were dry I commenced cutting them all up. I didn’t realise that I had not taken a shot of the process to get this far but I think you will get the idea.
Upon sawing the two sets up I rearranged them and with a simple jig and clamps.
Once they were set I needed to tidy up the sides on the table saw and ran the glued up sections through the drum sander to get them all flat so I could apply the Silky Oak sides
These two photos show one of the remnants of the sets and the resultant third glue up with silky Oak sides.
This is the simple jig I made
This is the raw finished block ready to band saw up
Its only a small piece suitable for some box work but looks good.
-- Regards Robert