Well we now have two wooden steps the stairs they look a bit odd with a top and bottom step made from timber, but we will have to live with it for a while.
You saw the screw removal in the previous blog, so I will not bore you with and repeats.
After removing the two broken screws I cut four plugs from the offcut and inserted them.
Reason being I wanted to use the timber with the damaged side facing up.
Did the sander routine again only I started with 32 Grit this time and finished with 60 Grit
Although I used the offcuts to cut the plugs from they didn’t seem to match very well.
Sanding sealer on everything again, for a protective coat and will possibly 2 pack them for the final finish, the drying time is the problem.
You can bet if you paint them a unexpected visitor will arrive before its dry!!
Plugging the holes
Cutting off the excess
Sealed ready for fit up.
Fitted in Place
Well that’s all from me for a few weeks I am off to Sydney to do electrical work for two weeks.
-- Regards Robert