The drum project is progressing well.
The base was cut from a piece of 15mm ply and attached with a “few” screws and glue.
I sat the drum on the ply traced a line around the outside and cut the profile out on the bandsaw then ran a straight bearing mounted router bit around the edge to cut it back parallel and smooth
I had some concerns about the segments at the top breaking off if somebody stood on the drum so I made a reinforcing ring to support them all.
I had to make the ring in two pieces as the ply was smaller than the diameter.
I attached it inside with a “few ” more screws.
The drum is now almost “bullet proof” in fact I may add wheels and use it as a stock bin.
Next was the attachment of the base trim, this was a fiddly job as I custom measured and cut each piece to match.
Initially I cut about three segments at once but found there were too many slight errors accumulating and making The base trim look bad.
The trim was made on the shaper and sliced it off a larger piece of stock.
I used painters tape to hold them in place as I worked around the drum, then attached a ratchet strap to apply some pressure while the glue set.
As I was doing the trim I noticed lots of nail holes, these I was going to leave as a feature but decided to plug them with bamboo skewers, (just happened to find them in Aurora’s kitchen again!)
I forgot to add a completed base trim photo
-- Regards Robert