I have enough timber to reattempt making staves, in particular a 20 stave drum is the project.
My last attempt to make staves gave me so much grief at the glue up stage I almost binned everything mid process in sheer frustration.
It was only after walking away from the activity temporarily I found the confidence to try again.
I eventually had a encouraging limited success with the activity.
Then it was only just recently, after reading Julian’s Router Jig for Making Round Boxes a couple of times it encouraged me to try again. I don’t intend to round the drum at this stage maybe next time!
I made the staves from bulk stock which was resawn on the table saw to suit the project.
The staves were flattened and squared on the Jointer and trued on the table saw as I cut an 9 Deg angle on each side. Being 360 degrees divided by the 20 staves then divided by 2 to determine the cut angle for each side of the stave.
Because I didn’t want the stock jamming under the right tilted blade I set the rip fence on the left of the blade and recalibrated the parallelism of the fence and checked everything was going to work as required.
Using feather boards and downward pressure all the staves were cut successfully
The staves are all 450mm in length and are 89mm wide at the outside edge with 15mm being the thickness.
With all the stock laid out against a straight edge and square a dry fit up check confirmed all was good to go for the glue up.
-- Regards Robert