I needed to make a simple lid for my Gifkins Dovetail Jig box.
The original box I made from Camphor Laurel Slabs recently acquired from LLWW.
The box looked like this when I finished it.
So I set about ferreting through my bits of timber and found a piece of a suitable size, just lying about I might add.
The piece I selected was European walnut .
I then cut it to size width wise
Checked it for trueness
Found it was reasonable flat enough to go straight to the thicknesser, so I thicknessed it down and found the following in the process.
I was absolutely amazed at the feature lying below the surface.
So I continued on and cut the top to match the box and rebated it for a simple fit
This was the final result.
Talk about an amazing barn find and wood gloat !!
Everything in its new home
-- Regards Robert