Well here we are and another week gone, (week 3) whilst working part time on the Dolls House Project.
Not a lot of progress, in fact I had to remove all the roof sections due to insufficent overhang on the eaves.
This is the before shot.
Then this is how how it looks now
You may say why bother its just a Dolls house, as I did initally.
However I found that I knew it was incorrect and made the decision to replace it rather than spend time attempting to justify why I left it that way after seeing the “As built” pictures.
It was all well worth doing in my mind as this item may/will outlive me.
Its interesting to note that after receiving the as built pictures and reviewing the all the drafting plans, I noticed they were all marked “proposed plan”.
So this raises the question did the builder have “Build To Plan”
The cost of miniaturisation and striving for perfection is also something that should be considered in these type of projects.
For example I have paid over $200 in paint and consumables to date.
The Plus $200 list
Sanding sealer $50.00
Wood filler $10.00
Nails and screws $5.00
Finishing coats, 7 pots of 500mL tins of various colours $65.00
Paint application accessories $20.00
That does not include
Any timber construction Material, time or Power consumed, broken/worn out router bits, (MDF seems to burn them up no problems there!
Then adding in the fact there are Dolls House kit models on the market for approx $250.00 makes one wonder how they can do it.
I also found by having to rework parts corrects the errors but detracts from the original neat finish.
Regardless the project continues, another month to Christmas! Get it done !!
-- Regards Robert